Saturday, July 15, 2023

Touch the Heart

I ran to the window, she ran to the door

Everyone was screamin', screamin' for more

Tyranny and misery, Abel and Cain

Attracting distractions, laying down the game.

So it's up to the treetops swayin' in the breeze

I seen our spirits . . . Seen our spirits . . . 

Seen our spirits . . . Seen our spirits . . . Seen our spirits . . .

Seen our spirits had wounded knees.


My people came from across the sea

Draggin' our tormented history

Runnin' from those age old bloody wars

Lickin' our wounds and hidin' our scars

We made up stories 'bout the promised land

While we killed the children . . . killed the children

Killed the children . . . Killed the children . . . Killed the children . . .

Killed the children in the new-found land


When I was a child I was told many lies

About our people who claimed to be wise

When I grew up they said, "Believe!"

And they told me to live in this trance of thieves.

Then I met a child who knew the truth

And he showed me the way . . . Showed me the way

Showed me the way . . . Showed me the way . . . Showed me the way . . .

Showed me the way to the Fountain of Youth.

So let me touch your spirit let me touch your soul

Let's touch the heart . . . Touch the Heart

Touch the Heart . . . Touch the Heart . . . Touch the Heart

Touch the Heart of our rock and roll.

Copyright 1993 Douglas Harvey

No comments: